CAREERS AT AFT PHARMACEUTICALS
Our R&D, regulatory, sales, marketing, and administration teams are made up of people from Australasia and around the world. Interested in joining them?
Why you should work with us
Our people define us. Their skills, knowledge, and commitment to innovation are the key to the success of AFT Pharmaceuticals.
With offices in Auckland, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore, AFT Pharmaceuticals is a growing company.
Take a look at the opportunities currently available below and drop us a line if you would like to apply.
Quality Assurance Manager (POSITION FILLED)
(Position has now been filled)
AFT Pharmaceuticals is a fast growing locally based pharmaceutical company headquartered in Takapuna with offices in NZ, AU, Singapore and Malaysia. Business spans some 42 countries through distribution and out-licensing agreements.
AFT is a TIN100 company with sales last year of $75M and sales targets of $90+M this year. AFT has a significant amount of drug and device development work underway.
All AFT developed products are manufactured by contract manufacturers around the world. This new position has been created due to company growth and will be involved in preparation, updating and maintenance of AFT Quality Management Systems for both Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices
Key responsibilities will be:
- Product release responsibility
- Technical agreements and databases
Some of the additional responsibilities will be:
- Preparation and maintenance of standard operating procedures, including QMS for medical devices
- Incidents/deviations – follow-up and issuing reports
- Change controls
- Temperature monitoring
- Maintenance of calibrated equipment
- Conducting product quality reviews
This position will involve overseas travel to audit manufacturers. Work outside standard office hours would also be essential given International suppliers and manufacturers reside in different time zones.
The candidate should have detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical or science areas and QA procedures.
The ability to work in a team, strong analytical abilities, thorough understanding of business and to learn new skills are essential.
This position is a senior position and will report directly to the CEO. We promise that this will not be a boring job.
New Zealand residency is required.
Inventory and Logistics Manager (POSITION FILLED)
AFT is expanding rapidly and is exporting to a significant number of countries around the globe.
The key responsibilities of this role include;
a) inventory management and the management of relationship with third party warehouse providers
b) the management of relationship with third party logistics providers (inbound and outbound) and key customers (in relation to procurement and delivery)
Other responsibilities include:
• Managing inbound freight forwarding and negotiating freight rates
• Inventory control, costing, expiry, storage (inventory held by third party provider), records
• Managing short supply and recall inventory
• Managing outbound supply to customers (third party provider)
• Ensuring shipper formats ex manufacturer are in line with customer needs and customers order in shipper formats
• Further development of electronic solutions for the transfer of data between the company its customers and providers
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in inventory and logistic’s management with a track record in performing on a timely and accurate basis.
You will have strong communication skills internally and externally whilst adhered to company values and behaviours.
You will be resilient and persistent in implementing positive operational improvements and will have the ability to plan ahead and identify solutions for upcoming events and requirements.
Category Product Manager (POSITION FILLED)
Manage marketing activity for designated product categories in Australia and New Zealand to achieve sales and profit objectives.
· Prepare and implement marketing activity plans for designated product categories in all sales channels.
· Design and implementation of category marketing material.
· Liaise with external agencies and suppliers to ensure cost effective delivery of the category activity plan.
· Prepare annual category and brand plans, including P&L’s.
· Ensure accurate budgeting of marketing expenditure for designated categories.
· Coordinate and develop required category training material for sales staff.
· Manage company digital assets.
· Will be required to travel to Australia on a regular basis.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
· Develop category marketing strategies and plans for Australia and New Zealand that drive revenue and share growth.
· Responsible for implementing category marketing plans to achieve objectives within the agreed category budget.
· Work closely with Sales teams in Australia and New Zealand to execute category activity plans that drive sales revenue growth.
· Maximise market opportunities and coordinate marketing and sales efforts to achieve the best possible results.
· Monitor category performance and recommend corrective action where necessary.
· Manage category budgets and reporting.
· Develop an in-depth understanding of the designated product categories, including monitoring competitor activity.
· Successful and efficient management of company websites and digital assets.
· The Category Product Manager has the authority to make decisions in accordance with the key responsibilities for this position.
· The Category Marketing Plan requires final approval from the Marketing Manager before implementation and/or making any commitments to future marketing activity.
Competencies (Knowledge, skills, attributes)
· Proven Product Management experience and success.
· Pharmacy and/or FMCG experience is desirable.
· Able to quickly grasp and articulate technical products.
· Able to cost effectively implement and execute marketing activity plans.
· Think and act proactively to identify category growth opportunities.
· Financially astute – able to manage category budgets and P&L’s.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in digital marketing, including website content management.
· Able to work harmoniously within a team environment.
· Able to work effectively with internal and external parties to deliver agreed activity, on time and on budget.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Business Manager, Asia (POSITION FILLED)
The Business Manager, Asia leads and has overall Responsibility for AFT Pharmaceutical’s Asian business at the P&L level, and is the most senior AFT representative in the region.
- Fast paced Environment
- Innovative Approach
- Lead a Team to Higher Performance
Reporting to the Director, International Business in New Zealand, the Business Manager, Asia leads and has overall Responsibility for AFT Pharmaceutical’s Asian business at the P&L level, and is the key AFT representative in the region to our customers, key opinion leaders, distributors and regulatory agencies.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the Malaysian and Singapore team
- Prepare and execute annual business plans
- Represent AFT as a National Account Manager with chain pharmacies
- Implement AFT processes and procedures such as sales call reporting and ensure compliance
- Liaise with Business Development on Hong Kong and Philippines business opportunities
AFT has a can do, hands on culture where a sense of urgency, outside the box thinking, hard work and collaboration are expected at all levels. We prioritorise action over excessive planning and reward an entrepreneurial and opportunistic approach. We hire colleagues who have a high degree of intellectual flexibility, are self-directed and who can cope with numerous products and categories, multiple sales channels and business models.
- A background in science with tertiary qualifications
- A thorough understanding of and experience in the pharmaceutical industry in Asia, especially Malaysia and Singapore
- At least 5 years Management experience in sales and/or marketing in pharmaceuticals, with proven success.
- Broad product experience in general prescription medicines with experience with hospital products, orphan drugs and OTC products desirable
- Experience in working with chain pharmacies at the Key Account or Head office level desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a facilitative and authentic style
- Personal characteristics should include the ability to communicate at all levels and develop a work related environment that is motivational in nature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong strategic and analytical competency, especially the ability to present logical and cohesive arguments in diverse international Markets.
- Financial acuity and commercial savvy, and a realistic approach.
- Availability for international travel throughout Asia
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified
Please ensure your Jobstreet resume is accompanied by a recent photo and your remuneration expectations.