Maxigesic® provides fast, effective double-action pain relief.
Maxigesic® is a patented combination of paracetamol 500mg and ibuprofen 150mg in a single tablet, proven to provide fast and effective double-action relief from a wide range of pain.
DELIVERS MAXIMUM DOSAGE - MAXIGESIC® is the only combination analgesic that delivers the maximum recommended daily OTC dose of Paracetamol 4000mg and Ibuprofen 1200mg, if required.*
SIMPLE, FLEXIBLE DOSAGE REGIMEN - 1–2 tablets up to 4 times per day, if required, offers flexibility and control in managing daily pain.
Available pack sizes - 12, 24 & 30 tablet packs.
Maxigesic® reduces fever and provides temporary relief of pain associated with headache, migraine headache, tension headache, sinus pain, toothache, dental procedures, backache, sore throat, arthritis, tennis elbow, period pain, muscular pain, rheumatic pain, aches and pains associated with colds and flu.
Please review the full Product Information before recommending, available at www.maxigesic.com.au/PI
* 2 tablets of MAXIGESIC® taken every 6 hours over a 24 hour period
Paracetamol 500 mg and ibuprofen 150 mg
Pregelatinised maize starch
Adults and children over 12 years: Take 1 or 2 tablets with a large glass of water.
Repeat dose every 4-6 hours as required, up to a maximum of 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Maxigesic is not recommended for children under 12.
Keep to the recommended dose.
Do not use for more than 72 hours except on the advice of your doctor. Excessive use can be harmful.
Do not take Maxigesic:
- If you have a stomach ulcer
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol or anti-inflammatory medicines.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have impaired kidney function, impaired liver function or heart problems.
- If you are a heavy drinker.
Unless a doctor has told you to, do not take Maxigesic:
- With other medicines you are taking regularly
- With other medicines containing ibuprofen, aspirin, paracetamol or other anti-inflammatory medicines.
- If you have asthma
- If you are aged 65 years of age or over
- If you have bleeding or vision problems
This preparation is for the relief of minor or temporary ailments and should be strictly used as directed. Prolonged or excessive use can be harmful.
If an overdose is taken or suspected, ring the Poisons Information Centre 13 11 26 or go to a hospital straight away even if you feel well because of the risk of delayed, serious liver damage.
If you get an allergic reaction, stop taking and see your doctor immediately.